When creating a successful event there are many important components to consider. Because the main goal should be not only meeting but exceeding the expectations of your guests. There are many factors that can distinguish your customer’s experience as extraordinary, as opposed to ordinary.
Focus on satisfying your customers. You want to aim to provide your guests with an unforgettable experience. Here are five must-have components that will be sure to impress your guests with a memorable time.
Marketing is the best way to proactively inform your audience. First, determine your target market. Think of who your audience will be and the services you will be providing them. Therefore, when choosing your audience and doing some market research, consider the demographics, geographics, psychographics and behavioral segments of your consumers.
Developing a proficient marketing plan can increase your chances of growing your network and can increase the success of having a high turnout. Consider the Marketing Mix 5 P’s. This strategy for marketing includes product, place, people, price, and promotion.
- Product refers to the goods or services you are providing. In this case, it will be your venue space. Consider its appearance, key features, advantages, and benefits that it will bring to your customers.
- The next P is place. Where can your customers find you? Make sure you are easily reached by your customers either through phone service, online, or in-house.
- People refers to those who work in your establishment and will be helping in making your event successful. People’s perception of your business is typically geared around customer service that is provided.
- The price of your product and services can be a determining factor to whether you will receive customers. Is your event free? Is it affordable? Consider the price and what you would pay for an event like the one you are planning.
- The final P is promotion. Use social media marketing to your advantage to promote your event. Create a Facebook page to organize and send out invitations to catch your audiences’ attention. Also, by designing flyers you can increase the probability of your audience coming across your Facebook page and sharing it with their friends can be an effective marketing strategy.
Business Expo Center offers free marketing services ran by our marketing department. If you would like to receive assistance with increasing attendance, contact our coordinators at 714.978.9000. If you are planning on hosting a private event, you should still consider the impact of your social media engagement.
Setting up a budget plan is crucial before you begin planning and organizing. Create a realistic outline and continue to monitor your spending. Map out your plan and leave room for flexibility as things are always subject to change.
Wild Apricot suggests you consider all expenses including venue, catering, entertainment, decor, staff, etc. By doing so, you can stay within your budget without stressing while still satisfying your customers.
3. Creating the Perfect Theme
Coming up with a fun theme is one way to keep your audience interested and is a way to increase the overall success of the event. This is crucial because it essentially ties everything together while managing to keep your guests entertained. Be sure to stay consistent when planning.
A theme can be as simple as having a color scheme for minor decorations, picking food options, or as big as having an extensively decorated venue with themed food and entertainment.
Usually, being organized is one of the most important aspects of creating a successful event and is essential to achieving your event goals. Be sure to stay consistent and give yourself specific dates to complete event tasks.
Avoid procrastination and putting off task completion. Events require the execution of many moving parts. Typically, it is best to avoid making last-minute arrangements by planning months ahead if possible that way you avoid any last-minute planning and anxiety.
Planning ahead also gives you more time to market your event and bring in more potential customers. Be realistic and do what is best for the overall event. Reach out to Business Expo Center Event Coordinators for extra support when needed.
If you believe your event may require more work than you can handle, consider hiring a planner or hire assistance on specific aspects of the event. For more suggestions on event planning, visit our blog post: What Event Planning Mistakes to Avoid?
5. Setting the Date
Now, picking a date is an important factor in planning any event. Hence, Making sure all factors are considered prior to deciding on a date is necessary. Consider the time of the year, the season, holidays, or if there are other events that fall around the same time. These considerations will increase your attendance by adapting to the circumstances and making your event the best possible.
Also, make sure to start organizing your plan early so that you are able to accomplish all your planning goals and you leave room for adjustments to your agenda if needed.
By keeping these 5 steps in mind, you can design and hold a successful event that will exceed the expectations of your guests. Using these objectives, you will imprint leave your guests with a great experience of an event that will be cherished and appreciated by those who attend. The success of your event can go hand-in-hand with the success of your business and will leave a great memory for your guests to share with others.
We have all the resources to help you plan a great event. Book today!